Nesting during pregnancy is a REAL thing. As you witness the growth of your belly and your baby, you may feel a strong urge to prepare your body and home for their arrival. Here in America, we’ve become accustomed to using chemicals in every aspect of our lives. However, as we become more aware of the potential health effects, it’s essential to make conscious choices for our well-being. Let’s explore some simple and effective swaps we can make in our homes to clear out the chemical stressors and create a safe, toxin-free environment.
Make the Natural Cleaner Swap
If you have to choose one thing to swap, THIS is the natural cleaner that will launch your nesting season! Combine it with other household items like white vinegar, liquid castile soap, or baking soda, and you’ll accomplish nearly any cleaning task without harsh chemicals.
Here are some ways to use this ultra-concentrated, powerful plant-based cleaner:
- Make 29 DIY cleaners with just one bottle of Thieves Household Cleaner
- 8 Bathroom Cleaning Hacks with Thieves Household Cleaner
- Cleaning Your Kitchen with Thieves Products
Embrace Aromatherapy Instead of Synthetic Fragrances
Here are some ways to use aromatherapy during pregnancy:
- Nausea Buster: Add a few drops of Lemon or Peppermint essential oil to a tissue or handkerchief and keep it in your pocket or purse. Inhale the calming scent to alleviate overwhelming smells.
- Diffuse instead of burn: Candles contain harmful chemicals in the wax, artificial fragrances, and even the wick! Invest in a diffuser and fill your home with beneficial, plant-based essential oils that offer more than just a pleasant smell. For nausea and bothersome odors, add 3 drops of Peppermint and 1 drop of ginger to your diffuser.
Opt for Safe Supplements
We want you to stay well during pregnancy, and that’s why we recommend supplements that are designed to do just that. The best part? You can actually pronounce the ingredients! These supplements support cardiovascular and skeletal health, promote normal brain function, supply critical EPA and DHA nutrients, boost the immune response, and promote eye, skin, and joint health.
Learn more about Omegagize and ensure your body gets the essential nutrients it needs during pregnancy.
Swap Perfume for Natural Alternatives
During pregnancy, your sensitivity to scents may increase, making your go-to perfume feel overpowering. Moreover, studies have shown that phthalates found in fragrances can be potentially harmful to both you and your baby. Instead, consider swapping out perfume for a natural alternative like an essential oil rollerball with a DIY blend created just for you.
Supporting a toxin-free life is our JAM! If you have any questions or need recommendations, don’t hesitate to ask. We love sharing our clean and safe finds with our DFC Family!
Love, The DFC Team!