As parents, we want what is best for our children and for them to be happy, healthy and to feel loved and supported. Our practice focuses on helping you and your family make healthy choices to support your growing family. The doctors at DFC want to walk alongside you and support you as you navigate the choices and decisions that you make for your family’s health. One of the most important decisions is to have your child checked by a pediatric chiropractor. Your child’s spine is developing from birth to about age 15. Proper spinal check-ups throughout childhood can help to prevent adult problems later in life. Minor falls and traumas, poor posture, sports and more can cause spinal stress and impact how their nervous system is developing. Regular chiropractic care can facilitate natural body function and promote improved health and wellness for your child.
- Encourage proper brain development and support overall health and wellbeing – Proper brain development occurs with proper nerve flow to all parts of the body. Therefore, a decrease in stress on the nervous system allows the body to function at its best.
- Strengthen their child’s immunity – results are fewer colds, ear aches and less overall illness. Your child’s immune system is directly impacted by how well their nervous system is functioning. Parents report their child recover more quickly from illnesses while under regular chiropractic care.
- Resolve breastfeeding issues – Babies that are experiencing issues with breastfeeding such as latching on one side, painful latch for Mom or is having difficulty feeding can benefit from adjustments.
- Improve proper digestive function and minimize colic, reflux and constipation – The digestive system is impacted by a properly functioning nervous system. Stress on certain areas of the spine impact the way the body processes and eliminates toxins and food. Parents often report that their children have normal bowel movements
- Improve their ability to focus and concentrate – Proper communication between the brain and the body is critical for the body to process and respond to incoming information. Concentration and focus improve when the brain is receiving adequate stimulation from the rest of the body.
- Promote proper posture – Heavy backpacks, long amounts of time on technology, contact sports and lack of physical exercise can create an imbalance in the developing spine leading to postural deviations.
- Encourage restful sleep – Proper sleep is important for your child. The number of hours of sleep that your child needs will depend on how old they are: elementary kids need 10-11 hours of sleep, middle school kids need at least 10 hours of sleep and high school kids need between 8-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Assist with behavioral concerns and decrease anxiety – Recent studies have shown that 20% of all teens are experiencing depression. Many parents report an improvement in their child’s attitude and disposition while under care at our practice.
The body has a natural ability to heal itself given no nerve interference or stress on the nervous system. Our job has a pediatric chiropractor is to remove the nerve interference to allow the body to express health. At every stage of life, your developing child can benefit from chiropractic care. Your family chiropractor is an expert on how to improve the function of your child’s nervous system and how to raise a healthy family. Ask one of our chiropractors how your child can benefit from chiropractic care at our office and get your child checked today.
Dr. Alisha Davis, DC, DACCP